- Anyone can give a hearing screening, but only a licensed Audiologist can bill for a hearing test also known as an audiogram. If you pay for your hearing exam you know you received a full audiological examination versus a potentially unregulated screening.
- If the hearing test is free how much more are you paying for other services such as hearing aids? Every business has overhead and they make-up for free services in other areas.
- If the Audiologist bills for hearing tests they likely work with your insurance and can also provide any hearing aid benefits through your insurance. Always check your benefits before you buy hearing aids!
- Many primary care physicians like to receive medical reports of your hearing evaluations. Medical reports are typically sent to physicians when a full audiological exam is performed versus a hearing screening.
- You get what you pay for! The old saying fits perfectly. When an audiologist is billing for a service they have standards to abide by and you can take comfort in knowing you are receiving the best standard of care. The audiogram is your medical record and your property to take with you throughout your healthy hearing life!
It’s our favorite month of the year here at Conley Hearing Care! The weather is finally breaking, flowers are everywhere, we celebrate our mothers, birthdays and Better Hearing Month!!
Come visit our beautiful town for lunch, a stroll down the boulevard and a hearing health check! Call Conley Hearing Care today at 412-828-0250 and enjoy a day in Oakmont!
Cochlear is hosting a free safety program for people with hearing loss, friends and family. The event will review safety precautions while traveling, in the hospital and in emergency situations such as a fire.
Saturday May 5, 2018
DoubleTree by Hilton- Pittsburgh Cranberry
910 Sheraton Drive
Mars, PA 16046
RSVP at http://www.cochlear.com/US/events or call 1-877-651-7003
“It is my greatest honor to provide hearing healthcare to the residents of Oakmont and surrounding communities. Thank you for accepting me into this wonderful town!”
– Dr. Conley
Conley Hearing Care cordially invites you to
Our First Anniversary Celebration this Friday!
March 16 2:00-4:00 pm
Open House: Stop in for a tour of the practice, cookies and refreshments.
Dr. Conley and staff will be available to answer your hearing healthcare questions.
Oakmont Station Building 5
521 Cedar Way, Suite 100
Oakmont, PA 15139
March 3rd is World Hearing Day! Sponsored by the World Health Organization, World Hearing Day is an annual advocacy event that aims to raise awareness and promote ear and hearing healthcare across the world. The World Health Organization anticipates an increase in hearing loss in the coming decades. Together we are working with our communities to educate on proper hearing protection and provide proper hearing health treatment.
Call Conley Hearing Care at 412-828-0250 to schedule a hearing test and learn how to protect the hearing you have today!
The most difficult patient to treat is one with poor cognition. When the brain is struggling to process speech it doesn’t matter how clear of a signal hearing aids send to our ears we are limited by the brain’s ability to process. This is why it is so important to treat hearing loss early on before cognition declines.
“Researchers and hearing care professionals have long understood the link between cognition and hearing acuity. When you are listening to someone speak your brain is processing the sound so that you can understand it. A listener with untreated hearing loss is trying to understand degraded speech signals therefore their brain has to work harder to process those sounds. While your brain is busy working to understand incoming speech signals other tasks like memory and comprehension can suffer.” – Beth McCormick, AuD
When temperatures drop we run a higher risk of health problems and injuries. At Conley Hearing Care our patient’s health always comes first. To reschedule your appointment due to the weather call 412-828-0250.